This Privacy notice contains important information about the information we collect through this site and through use of our services. It contains details of who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information together with your rights in relation to your personal information and how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint. We ask that you read this carefully.
Who we are
Gunthers Lane is a trading name owned by Reliance Bank, Reliance Bank contract and pass on the responsibility of managing this website and the space to Ribbon Gang Pty Ltd (ABN: 41 605 215 307).
In order to provide our services, we collect, use and make available certain personal information. We do this in accordance with the principles set out in this Privacy Notice, and in compliance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (PPIP Act).
For the purposes of PPIP Act, we are a “controller” of personal information.
The personal information we collect and use in the course of operating this website and providing services is provided below.
Information you give us
If you register as a Gunthers Lane member, we will collect the following information from you:
- your name;
- your address;
- your email address;
- your social media handles (Twitter/LinkedIn/etc);
If you correspond with us (e.g. by contacting Gunthers Lane or submitting an enquiry), we will also collect personal information about you contained in that correspondence.
Information we collect automatically (Cookies)
This site, like many others, uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the US. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
More information about how Google uses this information can be found here.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we collect to:
- operate, monitor and improve this website and the services we offer;
- communicate with you in order to respond to questions or comments that you have raised with us;
- send information to you regarding your membership – this may include copies of invoices, security alerts and messages regarding technical and administrative support issues; and
- send information to you regarding news, developments in our service, upcoming events, and other services offered by us and selected third parties that we believe will be of interest to you.
Who we share your personal information with:
- we will only share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- with Reliance Bank, as required and due to its ownership of Gunthers Lane;
- where you have given us permission to do so;
- where you have made an application to Gunthers Lane and we wish to include your registered name in order to identify you as the author of such application;
- with third parties who work with us and need it in order to provide our services to you; and
- when required to do so by applicable law.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, except where a longer period is permitted or required under applicable law.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on two principles as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information – namely consent and our legitimate interest.
Under the PPIA Act, it is lawful for us to process your personal information if we have a legitimate interest in doing so provided this legitimate interest is not overridden by the need to protect your rights and interests. In practice, this means that we will process your data when:
- it is necessary in order for us to provide services to you;
- our processing is in line with what you would reasonably expect us to do with your data; and
- our interests and our interests are aligned.
You have the right to object to this processing. If you wish to do so, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may also process your information in ways that you have consented to. Whenever we ask you for consent, we will do so in a way that is unambiguous, requires a clear affirmative act (i.e. an opt-in rather than an opt-out) and gives you all the information necessary to make an informed decision as to whether you wish to provide us with such consent. You have the right to withdraw any consent you have provided at any time. If you wish to do so, please contact our team at email@example.com
Transfer of your information to Third Parties
In providing the services through this website, we work with third parties. Where we transfer your personal information to a third party we will ensure that adequate safeguards are in place that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
Under the PPIPA Act, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information;
- access to a copy of your personal information;
- require us to correct any mistakes in the information we hold about you;
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information;
- restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances; and
- potentially claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include enough information to identify you (e.g. your name and registered email address) – note we may ask for proof of identity; and let us know the information to which your request relates.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope our team would be able to resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The PPIP Act also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a us or the NSW Ombudsman. Please submit your concerns or complaints to Gunthers Lane at email@example.com
If you feel your complaint has not been adequately addressed by Gunthers Lane, you have the right to contact the NSW Ombudsman at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, or the information we hold about you, please contact our team via email at email@example.com
By Post: Gunthers Lane, 203-209 Russell St, Bathurst NSW 2795.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 1 January 2021.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do, we will inform you via email if you have a registered membership with us.